Crash Estimates and Repairs
CRASH ESTIMATES & REPAIRS AT ATLANTIC COUNTY HARLEY-DAVIDSON
1. Estimate for crash bikes will cost $70.00. If the bike is stored at ACHD for repairs the cost for an estimate will be waved. If the bike is not stored at ACHD for repairs than the customer will have to pay for any parts being ordered in full at the time of the order.
2. If ACHD is not going to fix the bike. We will not include a labor quote on the estimate. It will be add by the Insurance Company at there labor rates for self repairs.
3. If ACHD is fixing the bike. The Insurance Company and the Insured must sign a direction to pay. This means that ACHD will receive the insurance check directly, to repair the bike.
4. Customer should look over the bike and write there own list of damaged parts for the bike before ACHD starts the crash estimate.
5. Parts will be ordered when the customer and the insurance company are satisfied with the crash estimate. ACHD will call the Customer before ordering parts for repair.
6. Installing more parts or swapping parts at this time is not recommended, unless discussed with the service department prior to ordering the parts listed on the repair estimate. Any difference in parts and labor will have to be paid by the Customer.
7. ACHD will start repairs to the bike when all parts have arrived. ACHD will call or email the Customer to let you know we have started on the repairs. ACHD can email picture to the Customer of the repair when email is given.
8. Painted parts will take the longest to get from Harley-Davidsons paint department. It may take up to 6 to 8 weeks to get them in house. This is because Harley-Davidson paint department is painting this years models and will have to shut down a paint booth to paint your paint set.
9. Some parts can not be painted by Harley-Davidson. This is because the bike is out of there year range. Painted accessories may also fall into this outdated range.
10. All after market painted parts will be the responsibility of the Customer. Primed parts and H-D paints can be ordered for repairs for a paint shop. The customer will have to call there Insurance Company with the paint shops quote for paint repairs. ACHD will not take any responsibility for painted parts that are painted at any aftermarket shop.
11. ACHD may find more damaged parts on the bike after we have started working on the bike. ACHD will make a supplement claim and fax it to your Insurance Company so the additional parts and labor will be covered.
12. When the bike is 85% completed ACHD will call the Customer and inform them to come and see the bike to ensure the bike is to there approval.
13. When bike is completed and ready for pick up the Customer will then have to pay the deductible of the Insurance Company. ACHD will not store the bike for more than 5 business days after the bike is done and the customer is called. Once this time period has expired the Customer will be charged 20.00$ a day till the bike is picked up.
Thank you, Service Department